As a psychologist in general practice I work with people who have many different kinds of concerns. This includes working with people who have depression or anxiety disorders, problems with self-esteem, anger, or problems with major life changes, such as changes in health, death of loved ones, divorce, and similar concerns. I have listed below some specific populations with which I have had a good deal of specific experience.
I provide specialized testing for the purpose of identifying specific brain related problems (e.g. difficulties with memory or attention/concentration, or with language usage). Neuropsychological testing is useful because it can help identify areas of strength as well as areas of weakness. I use test information in order to provide specific diagnoses and to develop plans to help people maximize their abilities and to accommodate areas of weakness.
Vocational Counseling and Testing
I provide a range of vocational testing and counseling services. This includes abilities testing and vocational interest testing. As a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor I help people reenter the workforce. I also work with injured workers in order to establish the nature and severity of their injury. Sometimes this means working with an employer to help him go back to work. Sometimes this means documenting the extent of their injuries for the purposes of receiving compensation or retraining.
Areas of Expertise
I have specific experience in the following areas:
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD & ADHD)
- Brain injury
- Learning Disabilities
- Developmental Disabilities
- Down’s Syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Prison Inmates (testing and evaluation)
- Special education issues
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Abuse Before Puberty
- Women who have been in battering situations
I most commonly provide consultation for people or institutions in the following categories:
- Parents of children with learning disability and other neuropsychological concerns
- Employers working with accommodation issues under section 504, 93-112.
- Attorneys (generally vocationally-related issues)
I offer a broad variety of testing options.. These include the following:
- Academic Achievement testing
- IQ testing
- Psychological testing
- Neuropsychological testing (Halstead Reitan battery)
- Vocational Interest testing
In addition to these broad areas of testing, I offer specific testing for concerns such as:
- Attention/ concentration